The Washington Post – Obama signed the bill Friday. It indefinitely extends a 2007 law that calls for a full accounting of race-based deaths, many of which had been closed for decades. The law was set to expire next year.
More from Black Report:
- March 16, 2017 Civil Rights Groups Oppose State Bills Affecting Ability To Protest
- December 11, 2016 Congress Sends Bill To Obama On Civil Rights-Era Killings
- March 6, 2017 Thousands Of ICE Detainees Claim They Were Forced Into Labor, A Violation Of Anti-Slavery Laws
- February 12, 2017 Historic Black Cemeteries Seeking The Same Support Virginia Gives Confederates
- February 15, 2017 Republican Strategist Says Trump Has Same Number Of Black Cabinet Appointees As Obama
- January 11, 2017 Allen Iverson Is Joining Ice Cube’s Traveling Basketball League
- March 12, 2017 134 Foreign Policy Experts Condemn Trump Travel Ban
- February 21, 2017 NAACP Chairwoman Steps Down; Successor Named
- January 19, 2017 Republican Lawmakers Propose Bills to Criminalize Peaceful Protest
- January 18, 2017 New Documentary On ‘Africa’s Great Civilizations’
- January 9, 2017 Dairy Queen Owner Unleashed A Racist Tirade Against A Customer. He No Longer Has A Business.
- March 15, 2017 Black Teens Are Reported Missing – And Far Too Few People Notice
- January 6, 2017 Will More Black Cops Matter?
- January 11, 2017 Cory Booker On Why He’s Testifying Against Jeff Sessions
- January 14, 2017 Police Beat Black Man Suspected Of Stealing A Car. It Was His.
- October 28, 2016 Trump Talks Of ‘Ghettos’ In Describing Urban African American Areas
- March 1, 2016 Is #MSNBCSoWhite? The departure of Melissa Harris-Perry raises the issue
- February 28, 2017 HBCUs Looking For Help From Trump On Funding
- March 2, 2017 Muslim Group Calls For FBI After Teen Hanging Ruled Suicide
- May 2, 2014 Obama calls for review of death penalty after botched killing