Politico – Rep. Adriano Espaillat wants to join the Congressional Black Caucus. The question for the group’s members is whether he qualifies as African-American.
So far, the answer is no.
More from Black Report:
- January 10, 2017 Black Lawmakers To Testify At Sessions Hearing
- April 27, 2017 Congressional Caucus To Present Report On Missing Black Girls
- February 12, 2017 What Would Michelle Obama Do?
- March 23, 2017 Congressional Black Caucus Shows Trump Its Policy Vision For Black America
- January 13, 2017 John Lewis: ‘I Don’t See Trump As A Legitimate President’
- March 16, 2017 Civil Rights Groups Oppose State Bills Affecting Ability To Protest
- April 28, 2017 Civil Rights Groups Push To Reopen Voter Registration In Georgia’s 6th District
- March 17, 2017 Trump To Meet With Black Caucus Next Week
- November 27, 2016 Black Lawmaker Troubled By Pelosi’s Caucus Changes
- June 8, 2016 Just one Republican backs measure to honor Ali
- January 9, 2017 Democrats Demand Black Lawmakers Testify At Sessions Hearing
- December 1, 2016 Louisiana Rep. Richmond Picked To Lead Congressional Black Caucus
- April 24, 2016 Donna Edwards confronts black lawmakers over refusal to back her
- March 18, 2017 ‘Biking While Black’: Chicago Minority Areas See The Most Bike Tickets
- March 1, 2017 Rep. Maxine Waters Says She Won’t ‘Honor’ Trump By Attending His Joint Address
- February 17, 2017 Charles Blow Drops The Hammer On Conservative’s Claim That All Black People Know Each Other In DC
- May 2, 2017 Utah Could See 2 Black Women Run In US House Election
- January 26, 2017 Dem Rep: Trump Has No Solution To Chicago ‘Carnage’
- January 12, 2017 Republican Tim Scott Responds To Critics
- March 19, 2017 Nunes: There ‘Never Was’ Evidence Of A Wiretap At Trump Tower