LA Times – The Los Angeles City Council agreed Wednesday to pay $1.5 million to settle a lawsuit filed by the family of Ezell Ford, whose 2014 killing by LAPD officers became a local touchstone in the national outcry over police shootings.
More stories on Black Report:
- January 31, 2017 Berkeley Settles Lawsuit Over Police Brutality At 2014 Black Lives Matter Protest
- January 28, 2017 How The Media Helped Overturn The NFL’s Unwritten Ban On Black Players
- February 13, 2017 Lawsuit Seeks Voting Rights For Black Rural Residents In North Carolina
- August 14, 2014 Family of man killed by LAPD officers hires Rodney King’s ex-attorney
- January 10, 2017 Obama Races To Overhaul Police In Baltimore And Chicago Before Trump Era
- February 25, 2016 Viewers react to discussion of police brutality on ‘Black-ish’
- March 22, 2015 Two LAPD Officers Awarded $4 Million in Discrimination Lawsuit
- February 17, 2017 Judge Tosses Out Defamation Lawsuit Against Bill Cosby
- January 16, 2017 Biloxi, Mississippi Changes Holiday Name To Honor MLK Jr.
- January 26, 2017 Actor’s Family Urges Awareness After Facebook Live Suicide
- December 31, 2016 Michael Brown’s Family Fights Ferguson Push for His Records
- February 20, 2017 Recipient Of Takiya Holmes’ Kidney: ‘I Have An Angel With Me’
- November 2, 2016 Brooklyn Man Gets $6M After 24 Years Wrongfully In Prison
- April 11, 2016 Black Lives Matter vs. the LAPD: Are the police unfairly targeting and surveilling the movement?
- April 1, 2016 Knife linked to former O.J. Simpson property is not connected to homicide case, LAPD concludes
- March 4, 2016 Knife reportedly found on former O.J. Simpson property is being tested by LAPD
- March 2, 2015 LAPD officers shoot dead homeless man after street altercation
- January 31, 2017 FBI Afraid To Share Info With Local Police Because White Supremacists Have Infiltrated
- December 20, 2016 LA’s Highest-Ranking African American Officer To Head Scandal-Plagued SFPD
- January 9, 2017 Dairy Queen Owner Unleashed A Racist Tirade Against A Customer. He No Longer Has A Business.